My Busy Mind


We all have to start somewhere, and so we did.

This is my start to putting thoughts to paper. My mind seems to be this hybrid between a super computer and an old fashioned telephone operating system where the lady sits in front of the switchboard only able to make one connection at a time.  The only difference is, my operator lady has OCD.  Every time there seems be another line flickering, she rips out the current connection and tries to silence the screaming red light immediately. Yes, the urgency of the new caller is satisfied, but the poor bachelor calling his mother long distance was cut of mid-sentence as he was explaining to her how last night’s date went.  Pretty soon, the new red button caller also experiences that although the operator makes quick connections, she breaks them even quicker.

Externally in my life this chaos is manifested in a whirlwind of actions that are rapidly initiated and almost instantly terminated.  My house mates have started taking bets on how many times I will get in and out of my car and my room before I eventually drive to work.  (The one betting on more than three times is usually the winner.)  As soon as I grab my jacket I think about the second period Matric Science class that still need to get those notes.  As my bum hits the car seat, I remember my suit case is still next to my desk.  As I reach the locked front door, I remember the house keys in my car. Get the house keys. Get my suit case. As my hand turns the car ignition I remember the marked Grade 11 tests that are still on my desk. I forgot to put them into my suitcase, but at least I remembered to mark them.  Ai… This time I remember the house keys. On my way to the desk, I notice the broken light bulb in my room.  Maybe I can get a new one this afternoon. I don’t give (free) extra classes on Tuesdays, no, it’s Wednesday today, but it will still work, since I do have enough time before church home group tonight.  We are having supper together, so I might as well get something to eat as I pick up the light bulb.  Impressed with my quick planning, I rush to the car heading quickly for school since the daily staff meeting starts at 07:25. I quickly start my classroom computer and when the bell rings, I walk to the staff room to enter at 07:26.

Did you notice? Neither did I. Only in period 4 with the Grade 11 Science class does it hit me like an unexpected ice bucket challenge: I never took their test papers from my desk this morning!

Dear reader, welcome to my life where my desperation for immediate structure causes chaos. Haha

Comments

  1. This is brilliant! Please give us more to read Kobus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bro :-)

      I do enough silly things in my life to keep the new material flowing!! Haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts